• Will the SEIU really tell nursing homes and hospitals to pay its members less? That’s hardly a recipe for organizing workers.
• How does this gesture square with the AMA’s current drive to make sure doctors don’t get the large cuts in their fees scheduled for next year? The fee cuts were part of past government attempts to slow the spending on doctor care in the Medicare program, but docs don’t want to lose the income.
• Will big PhRMA continue to increase costs of brand name drugs to compensate for lost revenue from greater use of generics?
• How do increased costs generated by the hospital industry’s building spree, the biggest in decades, mesh with yesterday’s letter?
• Will the medical tech industry stop pressuring Congress to intervene each time Medicare says it won’t pay for this treatment or that because the evidence is not there or is unclear?
Campaign Desk would like to see some answers.
Ends today: If you'd like to help CJR and win a chance at one of
10 free print subscriptions, take a brief survey for us here.