If you love a journalist, you know how hard it is to find the perfect gift—they’re so neurotic! So idealistic! Never fear. The following quick-and-dirty holiday gift guide has you covered.
• The Nuru Project offers gift certificates for work by photojournalists (above), and donates part of the proceeds to charity.
• “Trust me! I’m a journalist” T-shirt, $27 from Café Press
• Sign up your ink-stained wretch as a volunteer for The News Literacy Project, which is teaching kids to be savvy news consumers.
• Get him/her a pre-paid phone card for the Feel Better Network, a self-esteem hotline where they can chat live with psychologists and life coaches.
• Make a donation in your journo’s name to the Afghan Women’s Writing Project.
And if you still can’t decide what to get, may we suggest a gift subscription to CJR?
Happy holidays!The Editors are the staffers of Columbia Journalism Review.