This month, CJR presents “Required Skimming,” a daily miniguide to our staffers’ beats and obsessions, ranging from finance to food. If we overlooked any of your must-read destinations, please tell us in the comments.
• FastCoDesign: A comprehensive design blog from Fast Company magazine, FastCoDesign has a great “Infographic of the Day,” which never fails to be informative and eye-catching. Other common post topics include nifty gadgets, innovative iPhone apps, and architecture around the globe.
• Design Observer: A rich resource for all things design, Design Observer boasts a massive list of categories that includes items such as “branding,” “nature,” and “popular culture.” If the site itself seems overwhelming, click the “OBlog” link for a more digestible portion of thoughts on fantastic design.
• Atlantic Cities Design Vertical: Offers photos, videos and in-depth pieces that explore how urban areas are building and designing for the future. (Aside from the design portion, all sections of The Atlantic’s “Cities” site are well worth a look.)
• Mocoloco.com: This site is for true design fiends—it even offers a selection of site layouts to choose from while browsing. Once you’ve made your decision, take a look at their thoughtful analyses of technology, art,
• Things Organized Neatly: This Tumblr is just what it sounds like: aesthetically pleasing photos of orderly objects for the OCD tendencies in all of us. If this sounds boring, you probably don’t deserve to know what you’re missing.Molly Mirhashem is a former CJR intern Tags: required skimming