This month, CJR presents “Required Skimming,” a daily miniguide to our staffers’ beats and obsessions, ranging from finance to food. If we overlooked any of your must-read destinations, please tell us in the comments.
• Inside Higher Ed: In addition to serving as a solid source of news and opinion on all facets of higher education, Inside Higher Ed surveys top university administrators to get an inside look at challenges facing universities.
• HuffPo Education: With stories culled from dozens of student newspapers, undergraduate bloggers, and slideshows of the best party schools, HuffPo’s college vertical lets readers relive their glory days. Just don’t expect in-depth analysis of education policy.
• CC Week: This biweekly magazine is a great source for news on the oft-overlooked but increasingly important world of community and for-profit colleges.
• Diverse Education: Like CC Week, this magazine provides a portal for news about those who are often underrepresented in traditional education stories—namely, minority students, faculty members, and administrators.
• Ivygate: This gossip site covers the Ivy League the way Gawker once covered New York—with plenty of snark. They occasionally break news but mostly just aggregate stories from student newspapers. Not so much a news source as a guilty pleasure.Peter Sterne is an editorial intern at CJR. Follow him on Twitter @petersterne. Tags: required skimming