This month, CJR presents “Required Skimming,” a daily miniguide to our staffers’ beats and obsessions, ranging from finance to food. If we overlooked any of your must-read destinations, please tell us in the comments.
• Barry Estabrook’s Politics of the Plate blog: Smart, thoughtful, and often witty takes on a range of food matters, but with an emphasis on labor issues and farmworker rights.
• Marion Nestle’s Food Politics blog: Sharp insta-punditry from the person who knows food politics and policy better than anyone.
• Tom Philpott’s Food for Thought blog at Mother Jones: This former Grist blogger delivers thoughtful advocacy and analysis bolstered by actual reporting.
• Food Safety News: Comprehensive coverage of a subject that is easily and often overhyped.
• Civil Eats: Group blog with an activist lens on the world of sustainable agriculture.Brent Cunningham is CJRs managing editor. Tags: required skimming