This month, CJR presents “Required Skimming,” a daily miniguide to our staffers’ beats and obsessions, ranging from finance to food. If we overlooked any of your must-read destinations, please tell us in the comments.
• Engadget: One of the best sites for straight reporting on the newfangled and industry happenings.
• Farhad Manjoo: Slate’s go-to geek and perhaps the most graceful writer covering the Internet and personal technology.
• FWD: Just what you’d expect from a BuzzFeed vertical: irresistibly clickable tech-related stories, like, “The 15 Creepiest Guinea Pigs On Etsy.”
• MG Siegler: Former TechCrunch blogger and “renegade” tech writer who combines smart takes on Silicon Valley with a canyon-sized ego.
• PandoDaily: Founded by another ex-TechCruncher, Sarah Lacy’s “site-of-record” has become an indispensable guide to the world of startups.
• The Next Web: Great for global coverage of news in Internet technology and business.
• The Verge: A lively resource for tech news, consumer reviews, and miscellaneous geekery.The Editors are the staffers of Columbia Journalism Review. Tags: required skimming