On The Kicker this week, I’m joined by CJR’s Nausicaa Renner and Pete Vernon to discuss a wild few days in White House-media relations. Then, we turn to MisinfoCon, a weekend gathering of journalists and technologists trying to solve the fake news problem. Freelance writer Lyz Lenz calls in to chat about Texas Monthly and its star writer, Pamela Colloff.
- “Getting to the root of the ‘fake news’ problem means fixing what’s broken about journalism itself,” by Shan Wang, Nieman Lab
- “White House press corps rebels as colleagues are excluded from gaggle,” by Benjamin Mullin, Poynter
- “Let Trump and Bannon talk. We’ll report.” by David Uberti, CJR
- “‘How Pamela Colloff became the best damn writer in Texas,” by Lyz Lenz, CJR
- “New editor in chief takes Texas Monthly in a ‘lifestyle’ direction,” by Lyz Lenz, CJR
- “Flesh and Blood,” by Pamela Colloff, Texas Monthly
- “Unholy Act,”by Pamela Colloff, Texas Monthly