On this episode of The Kicker, Pete talks with CJR Editor and Publisher Kyle Pope about the coverage of the Trump-Putin summit. Pope believes the president’s disastrous showing will be remembered as a turning point in the way the media covers the Russia story. Then, CJR Senior Staff Writer Alexandria Neason comes on to discuss the redemption narrative of the #MeToo men.
- Reporters call out Trump’s summit performance, and enter uncharted territory by Pete Vernon, CJR
- After a stunning news conference, there’s a newly crucial job for the American press by Margaret Sullivan, The Washington Post
- After WNYC, Leonard Lopate’s return to WBAI is met with protest by Alexandria Neason, CJR
- Photojournalism’s moment of reckoning by Kristen Chick, CJR
- What do we do with these men? by Katie J.M. Baker, The New York Times