Media members the world over, your sense of self-worth should be just a little bit higher today: Sarah Palin doesn’t hate you! Or resent you or fear you or think she’s better than you or whatever! She actually kinda likes you! So much, in fact, that she reads all your work. Literally all of it.
Yeah. Per the latest cringe-inducing installment of Two’s a Crowd with Katie Couric, in which Couric asks Palin, “what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?,” we learn that Palin is an equal-opportunity news consumer. As in, she reads whatever is put in front of her. Specifically, it seems, Palin is an avid reader of:
- Most of ‘Em Monthly
- Um, All of ‘Em Weekly
- The A Great Appreciation for the Press, for the Media Pamphlet*
- The Any of ‘Em That Have, Uh, Been in Front of Me Over All These Years Digest
- The Vast Variety of Sources Examiner
- The We Get Our News Too Tribune
- The Alaska is Like a Microcosm of America Quarterly
Oy. I’d write more, but I have to get back to reading the copy of the This Is All Becoming a Baffling Parody of Itself Daily someone just put in front of me.
*This, we assume, is an alt-weekly, most likely owned by Creative Loafing, and therefore most likely doomed to demise.