The U.K. Telegraph compiles the “Fifty things you might not know about Barack Obama.” The list includes such tidibits as:
• His favourite book is Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
• His favourite films are Casablanca and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
• His favourite fictional television programmes are Mash and The Wire
• His favourite artist is Pablo Picasso
• His favourite meal is wife Michelle’s shrimp linguini
• His favourite drink is black forest berry iced tea
• He carries a tiny Madonna and child statue and a bracelet belonging to a soldier in Iraq for good luck
• His desk in his Senate office once belonged to Robert Kennedy
• He worked in a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop as a teenager and now can’t stand ice cream
He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.
Ah, there it is. List, consider yourself justified.
[h/t Avi Zenilman]Megan Garber is an assistant editor at the Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard University. She was formerly a CJR staff writer.